PhD - Doctor of Philosophy
- James Cook University 2004
- Discipline Fine Arts
- Studio Practice - Painting & Drawing
- Thesis - "The Landscape As New Frontier"
Abstract: My thesis investigates the relationship between primary individual experience of natural environments, creative art practice, literate painting systems and universal conceptions of nature. Identified is a network of important ideas of nature which cross specialist and historical boundaries and which establish landscape painting as an important linguistic bridge. The study posits the efficacy of the modern scientific ecological model in providing a vision for artistic growth. The results of the study contribute to an interdisciplinary dialogue in advocating a revitalised cohesion between the professions and arresting the continuing division between aesthetic experience and scientific theory, art and nature.
MCA - Master of Creative Arts
- Wollongong University 1992
- Specialist Study - Painting , Drawing, Associated Art History
BA Bachelor of Arts Fine Art
- Queensland College of Art 1989
- Specialist Study - Painting, Drawing, Art History